theyesdog @ Survival2
Legacy
Votes:
+3
Admins
Online on Site
Owner
Legacy
Work in progress! Nothing here is final yet and *only* a suggestion at this point.

Perm Ban
* Only for a true display of toxic character, or advertising (they're not potential players).
* Blatant racism or discrimination.
* Repeated use of hacks after being warned.

Temp-Ban
* For heated situations where it may legitimately benefit them to have some time to cool down.
* One week for blatant griefing.
* Otherwise manual temp bans should never be for more than 6 hours.

Verbal Warning
* Should be the first response.
* Should be given in a kind and courteous fashion, gentle reminder to read the rules.
* Should be given in private message unless multiple people are rule breaking in public chat at the same time.

Permanent Warning
* Blatant griefing, per discrete offense.

Temp Warning
* Repeated display of rule breaking (another infraction after a somewhat recent verbal warning).
* 1 week for chat rules.
* 1 month for griefing or harassment (first offense should be 1 week + verbal warning).

Jail
* Harassment, only on repeated warnings/offense, never more than 1 hour.
* Used as a time to cool off if they're not breaking chat rules.

Temp Mute
* Used for all subsequent infractions of chat rules.
* Should be coupled with a temp warn if its content related.
* Should never couple with a warn if its a chat spamming rule.
* Should never be for more than 1 day.
Posted Dec 16, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 16, 18 by [Owner] theyesdog
List
Undo
[Owner] theyesdog ao
theyesdog @ Survival2
Legacy
Votes:
+3
Admins
Online on Site
Owner
Legacy
and another thing to note here- we're relying on the warning based auto-punishment for most temp bans. still need to tweak some of the auto-punishments there, but i think its a better system to rely on- and lets us not overthink ban durations too much
Posted Dec 16, 18 · OP
[Sr Mod] TheNineVoltDevil o
TheNineVoltDevil @ Survival2
Sr Mod
Votes:
+3
Online on Site
Sr Mod
Work in progress! Nothing here is final yet.

Ban
* Only for a true display of toxic character, or advertising (they're not potential players).
100% behind this Question is this a perm ban or just any ban to get them off the server?

Temp-Ban
* For heated situations where it may legitimately benefit them to have some time to cool down.
* Manual temp bans should never be for more than 6 hours.
is PE fixed? I remember baning them was causing a glitch for other players.

Verbal Warning
* Should be the first response.
* Should be given in a kind and courteous fashion, gentle reminder to read the rules.
* Should be given in private message unless multiple people are rule breaking in public chat at the same time.
100% down with this. but do we have an updated list of the Chat /rules so everyone is on the same page?

Permanent Warning
* Never

Temp Warning
* Repeated display of rule breaking (another infraction after a somewhat recent verbal warning).
* 1 week for chat rules.
* 1 month for griefing or harassment (first offense should be 1 week + verbal warning).

Jail
* Harassment, only on repeated warnings/offense, never more than 1 hour.
* Used as a time to cool off if they're not breaking chat rules.
I used this when a player will not leave another players area..
Posted Dec 16, 18 · Last edited Dec 16, 18 by [Sr Mod] TheNineVol...
[Owner] theyesdog ao
theyesdog @ Survival2
Legacy
Votes:
+3
Admins
Online on Site
Owner
Legacy
Adjusted some of the above. And..... i *think* bans have been fixed for PE players. But i do need to do some more tests. IP bans may never work against PE players, but I think we'll need to rarely use those (need an active xbox live account to log in).

Chat rules do need to be updated, and some of it needs to be automated by our chat system. Chat is basically 90% of the policing we have to do, and i'd like to automate as much of it as possible.
Posted Dec 16, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices